About the CompanyWatch spot >>
Novatec Solar’s solar technology consists of rows of nearly flat mirrors which are mounted onto a sheet metal base structure. These lines reflect direct solar radiation onto a stationary receiver unit. Water is pumped through the absorber tube and heated by the sun’s concentrated energy.
1. Primary Reflector / 2. Receiver
Flat mirrors permit a simpler solar field array, compared with Parabolic Trough or Tower technology. Novatec Solar’s linear Fresnel design offers the following advantages:
- Simple light weight design using readily available standard steel elements
- Low profile structure
- Low susceptibility to wind damage
- Light weight earth screw foundations
- Simple stationary receiver unit
- Highly scalable production capacity
- Automated manufacturing facility similar to that used in the automotive industry
- Low construction cost and easier, more rapid assembly
- Patented cleaning robots with very low water use
- High land use efficiency
The technology’s light weight substructure design coupled to standard easily source materials means it is low cost. It is also highly scalable and allows flexible solar field layouts in order to match available land and meet required steam parameters.
Operation and maintenance cost are also minimized through a patented, industry leading, automated cleaning system, which has negligible water consumption and maintains high levels of reflectivity.