About the CompanyWatch spot >>
As worldwide fossil fuel supply diminishes, the sun is becoming an increasingly valuable energy source. Novatec Solar’s patented solar steam generator is cutting-edge solar thermal energy generation technology.
The modular solar steam generator utilises Fresnel collector technology. It is an evolution of parabolic trough technology, using flat glass mirrors in place of parabolically curved mirrors. 16 parallel lines of mirrors reflect solar energy onto a receiver in which water is vaporized. The resulting steam can be directed to a steam turbine for power generation or used for seawater desalination, solar cooling, and other industrial heat applications.
Flat mirrors permit a simpler solar field array, particularly compared with conventional Parabolic trough technology. Novatec Solar’s linear Fresnel design offers the following advantages over Parabolic trough:
- Lower construction cost and easier, more rapid assembly
- Scalable production capacity
- Lower susceptibility to wind damage
- More efficient land use
- Reduced reflector shading by receiver
- Automated construction of key components
- Lighter construction enabling use of smaller motors
- No need for Receiver tracking
- Very low water use, a feature further enhanced by Novatec Solar’s patented automated cleaning technology.